pbrand

Young Adult Spy Novels

I enjoy young adult, teen, tween novels, mostly spy books, such as Alex Rider, Jason Steed and the CHERUB series. I enjoy mounting climbing my ambition is to take on Everest.

Revenge Jason Steed by Mark A. Cooper

Revenge - Mark A. Cooper

Revenge had a lot to live up to. Book 1 Fledgling Jason Steed is one of the greatest books written, so I was concerned when Revenge came out.

If anything the only fault I could find was it was too much action. Jason hardly had time to catch a breath, he works undercover and infiltrates the Traids and most of them are rounded up and put behind bars.

The ring leader, a woman called Boudica escapes, she is a fantastic evil character who has a pet Leopard.

Boudica puts a price on Jason Steed's head and try to kidnap the 12 year old daughter of a Chinese Minister who freezes her assets. Both Jason and the daughter are taken to a safe house in Spain. However the details are given to the Triads by a corrupt MI6 agent.

Jason and the girl go on the run, chased by the Traids, Corrupt police and eventually when a trail of death and destruction follows them, even a corrupt top MI6 officer sends in a team to take Jason out.

Jason sees through it and takes them on, he travels to France and eventually Mount Blanc. A sweet cupid romance grows between the two children, in one very sweet and amusing scene they end up in a bubble bath together, it's very innocent and harmless. They are just 12 and do nothing more that splash soap suds. The author brings them together beautifully.

Jason Steed has to fight for his life and in one of the greatest fight scenes I have read pulls himself back from near death.

A tear jerking ending when Jason says goodbye to Joanne (The girl he saved) and gets a letter from her. It took me two attempts to read that page because I am a soft and cry at sad movies and scenes like that.

A great novel worthy of 5 stars. Good clean fun, action. The Alex Rider and Jason Steed novels are simply the best.