pbrand

Young Adult Spy Novels

I enjoy young adult, teen, tween novels, mostly spy books, such as Alex Rider, Jason Steed and the CHERUB series. I enjoy mounting climbing my ambition is to take on Everest.

Alex Rider Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz

Stormbreaker  - Anthony Horowitz

This is the ultimate teen spy book, and lets face it the most well known and with the highest sales no doubt. They even made a movie staring Alex Pettyfier and Mickey Rourke.

The story is a little sad, Alex Rider is an orphan (Yeah that's getting old, Most child characters are orphans, Oliver Twist, Harry Potter, Annie, Young James Bond, all the characters in the CHERUB series, Alex Rider and we could go on)

Anyway Alex lives with his uncle who says he works for a boring bank, but works for MI6 as a spy.

Alex sees his uncle every now and then and goes skiing, scuba diving, sword fencing and martial arts. Little does Alex know he's actually being trained to work as a spy.

Without giving the story away, it build from here, it's a good story, a few parts stolen from Ian Fleming's James Bond Characters, but kids don't know that so all is well.

A great novel that will have you wanting more of Alex, a great start to a fantastic series.