pbrand

Young Adult Spy Novels

I enjoy young adult, teen, tween novels, mostly spy books, such as Alex Rider, Jason Steed and the CHERUB series. I enjoy mounting climbing my ambition is to take on Everest.

Jason Steed: Face-Off (Volume 5)

Jason Steed: Face-Off - Mark A. Cooper

It was nice to be aquatinted with Jason Steed again after a few years gap. I started with the first book; Fledgling Jason Steed when I was at middle school. I read up to book 4 and enjoyed all of them. I did not know they wrote another this being book 5.

Immediately I remember why I used to love the series, Jason Steed is a cool little dude, he is mischievous, cunning and adorable.

Unlike the other teen spys, such as Alex Rider, CHERUB and Young Bond, Jason Steed has his own appeal. He is not really the smartest kid, he has a violent temper that he can't control and has a weakness for all girls his age, but he has a large heart. The emotion pours out of the pages.

Face-Off puts Jason is great danger, at one point you feel he was actually killed, the author is quite clever how he set it up.

If it is possible to love a book character, like brotherly love, boyfriend, son Jason steed will bring that out of you. The author constantly reminds us of Jason's sapphire blue eyes, blond hair with long bangs that fail across his face with a wicked grin.

In Face-Off Jason goes undercover and has to learn Ballet, it has some hilarious moments when his fellow teen agents see him wearing his tight fitting ballet pants.

The teen spy novels were once all the rage with Alex Rider, CHERUB, Jason Steed and Young Bond, its nice to see one series is still going strong. Jason is coming up to his 14th birthday so I hope to read more.